CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lambourne Going-ons

Here's some recent happenings at our house:

A benefit of Rod's accident is that finally, I know how to use tools other than a drill! I've asked him before to teach me to use his power tools, but finally, with the need to finish my garden, he HAD to teach me! Awesome! This is me cutting wood for my garden (I'll post a picture of the finished product in a week or two, when it's finished). Rod coached me through it, and after using the circular saw a few more times, I feel pretty confident with it (although our deal is that I never use it unless he's home, just in case I accidently cut off my arm or something)....

I admit it, I love this cat. Rocky's personality is too-cool, king-of-the-house, yet he feels the need to follow me around and watches me all day, a lot like a dog, actually. He even comes when he's called!
Cali is an okay cat. She's Rod's favorite, so I guess I'll let her stay. She's a little needy for my taste. But she also means a lot to Rocky, so I tolerate her. She comes when she's called, too, and often takes naps with Caitlin- which Caitlin LOVES. She's a great cat for kids. They groom each other all the time, (meaning Rocky and Cali, not Caitlin and Cali) and sometimes cuddle during their cat naps:


So Rod goes to Scouts on Wednesday nights and me and the girls party at home. The girls found my gym bag and were fascinated by my cap and goggles. I can't tell you how many times we put these on Caitlin, then Lizzie, then me, then Caitlin, then, Lizzie, then me, then Caitlin....










I do have a really cute picture of the girls in their "cat" pj's I made for them, but this one with Lizzie's expression is so much better!
Caitlin and Lizzie are becoming great playmates! Caitlin has been acknowledging that she "loves Lizzie" and that they're sisters. She even occasionally plays up the role of big sister, complete with arm-around-the-shoulder hugs. I think Lizzie really likes it! I just noticed, that blue cup looks huge in this picture!

Hope all is well with everyone!

0 comments: