CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Prop 8

My mom just posted their most recent Prop 8 experience. They've walked routes, knocked on doors, talked to people about Prop 8, made phone calls, and put up signs in their yard (that got torn down). I'm amazed by the dedication of not just my parents, but all the members in California. It's hard to do things like that, it's definately a reach out of most people's comfort zone (I know it's out of mine!), and it's amazing that so many members are putting themselves aside, doing what the church has asked them to do, and making a difference:

"I just got back from waving Yes on 8 signs with a few ward members on the corner of First St. and Military. I thought I might need a bullet-proof vest, but all I got was a coke can thrown at me. Actually, the feed back was about 70% in favor. However, the opposition were not nice. Sometimes, just a thumbs down, we did get some obscene gestures and f---bombs. I heard "idiots" and "bigots" a couple of times. The one guy threw his coke can at Jim Shoemaker and me. He missed, but there was a little splash. Jim waved down a Benicia policeman and filed a report on the guy. I didn't know it was a felony to throw something out of a moving car! I was just thinking a littering fine would be good. The policeman said he would send out word to all units to look for the guy. Anyway, we did have a lot of honks, thumbs-up, encouragement and thank yous also. One guy yelled out "It will be a landslide for Yes on 8!" An exciting week ahead! "

Here's to the passing of Prop 8!!!

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your mom rocks! That's awesome! I put a link to your Prop 8 blog on my MySpace page. This is definitely important stuff.