CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Here are the shelves Rod built in the closet of our "blue room". They give me a TON of more storage space and we were able to get rid of an entire table, thus freeing up some serious floor space! He did these in one night, trying to get as much done before his surgery. (my cardboard boxes are temporary!)



Notice my sweet sewing set-up! The table goes up or down and I can even lock it! I really like that feature. Mom's sewing stuff is WAY too exciting to these little girls...



At Lizzie's music class this week, I made it a little birthday party for her. She was very excited to have a birthday party and music class in one!! This is her opening some little presents.



This is all the kiddos decorating their angel food cake with whipped cream, grapes, and sprinkers.

Here's Rod recovering from surgery with Jasper, one of our bunnies (who I'm suspicious is really a Janice). Rod's surgery was last Monday and went great (except for him barfing lots afterwards, he had a bad reaction to the anesthesia, which he's never had before). His recovery has been definately his best yet. I was hoping he'd need a whole week to recover and get a break from work and the stress there, but he went back to work on Wednesday for a few hours, then Thursday for a few more, then full throttle on Friday. Can't a guy take a break? His cast is now off, but his stitches won't come out for another week and a half.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy birthday, Lizzie! And Rod, I'm glad you're doing well!

Leticia said...

I love the sewing nook - that is seriously cool! I can't believe you did all that in one night, Rod! Hmmm ... Now I just have to figure out how to add that into my bonus room closet design ... :-)

Erika:) said...

nice job uncle rod i love the shelves!!!
-Erika