CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Goodbye, Rocky


I know there's not going be a whole lot of sympathy here (you're probably all thinking what Rod is- one down, one to go), but I'm updating you all anyway. Lately our cat Rocky's been pretty sickly, especially the last few days he's been really bad. He could hardly walk, it was sad to watch him. I actually prayed that if he was going to die, he'd die quickly because it was obvious he was in a lot of pain. That very day I put him outside and he was at the sliding door looking at me, then next time I looked he was gone. Now when it's 115 degrees outside, there's not a lot of options for a long-haired black cat. He wasn't there in the morning (he usually lies on the lawn and gets soaked by the sprinklers every morning) so I knew he wasn't coming back. I'm 99.9% sure he just left and passed away somewhere. Where, I have no clue, (I even drove around looking for cat roadkill, but now I think he was translated) but I assume Cali knows and that's why she's not too perturbed over the absence of her brother. I imagine she spent her night near him, comforting and grooming him in his last hours. Farewell to a unique and spunky cat, Rocky.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Awww...poor guy!!! I'm sorry Rocky is gone. I'm glad Cali is taking it well - how about the girls?

carrie said...

yeah, the kids aren't beat up too bad about it. Caitlin does keep asking me to "call Rocky one more time", or asks if the doctor's making him alive again. So I think we need to have our next FHE be about where our spirits go (and, assuming, Rocky's???) when we die.... If it had been our other cat they would have been in pieces! SHE'S the favorite of the kids for sure!