CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

New Nightgowns

This is why I love having girls. I made them matching princess nightgowns!! It doesn't get much better than this!

Caitlin was so excited about sewing..she suggested we "sew all day"...which I confess, is how long it took me to make these. But her and Lizzie loved cutting up scraps of fabric and putting them in piles while I sewed. Caitlin even told me I was a good mom! We were commenting on how Lizzie is a good mom to her bear, and Caitlin says, "Mom, you're a good mom to us." How often does that happen??? So sewing all day was worth it!



This is usually how Lizzie falls asleep- she's figured out she's much more of a force to reckon with if she cries or whines or asks for stuff from under the bottom of the door- where it's MUCH louder!!!

We hope all is going well! Lani, thanks for the tips on getting Caitlin started with piano. With the heat, we're inside ALL DAY!! It's bad in most ways, but it's also a good opportunity to slow down and focus on indoor stuff- like the piano (and all we have is a keyboard- so that'll work for at least a few years!)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

SO cute!!! Good job on the nighties too!
That picture of Lizzie will be a great blackmail picture one day - keep track of it!

Tom and Lou said...

Hi Carrie, I dont know if you remember me, Lyndsey Douglas we use to be in your ward then we moved and then we moved back to vegas and well we are still in vegas. How are you? Your girls are so cute. I wish I could sew. I just make drapes and pillows...LOL...