CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 31, 2010

Trip to Taiwan

Some of my friends said I should post pictures & updates while on my trip. I'll post today's update here, but I don't want to take up too much space on the blog. For those interested, here's a link to our family blog where I'll put daily posts (or try to, anyway. :-) Hopefully I'll have some fun pictures tomorrow.

http://bairfamilyupdate.blogspot.com/

Day 1: LONG plane ride -- watched 4 movies, read 1 book, and
pseudo-slept for several hours.

Most memorable moment: getting rice porridge with shrimp & tuna on top and a green egg for breakfast on the plane. I do regret not taking a picture for my squeamish daughter to see though.

Biggest adventure: The ride to the hotel -- I have to say our driver seemed quite cautious compared to most people on the road; we only had 2-3 near misses. People seem to view the lines between the lanes as mere guidelines, if that. There were often 5 cars across on a 4-lane road. They just weave around wherever there's the *tiniest* space, as if they were walking through a crowd instead of barreling down the road at incredible speeds!

Thankfully we survived the journey intact and made it safely to our hotel, where we promptly fell into a nice, firm bed. Or was it a concrete slab with a sheet over the top? Not sure, but we were so tired it didn't really matter ... until morning when everything hurt. First item of business today: find something a little softer for our weary old bones.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! Sounds like a memorable trip already!!

carrie said...

I didn't even know you guys were headed that way! Keep up updated, this sounds super cool!