CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 29, 2007

Arlington National Cemetery


I uploaded the pictures from my camara last night and remembered that I wanted to post some pictures from Grandpa's funeral service at Arlington since most of you weren't able to be there. It was a really nice ceremony. There was the horse-drawn caisson and the 21 gun salute and everything. At the end, the officers folded the flag you see draped over the coffin and presented it to Grandma.

Unfortunately, my camara battery died as soon as the services started, so I don't have many pictures. I had to keep turning my camara back on and quickly snapping a picture before it died again. Sorry there aren't more pictures, especially pictures of the family.

This picture is of the officers folding the flag. They folded the flag completely without ever looking at it.



Here is the 21-Gun Salute. I got scared for a second because they fired their guns directly at us! I knew they were blanks but it is still scary when there are 7 guns pointed at you!!

And this is just a general picture of one portion of the cemetery. It was amazing to see so many tombstones all in a row. Adam and I stayed after and took a tour and learned that the lines of the tombstones represent soldiers standing at attention in uniform alignment.

2 comments:

Leticia said...

Thanks for posting these pictures, Tiff. It's nice to see since we weren't able to be there. I'm sure the service was amazing -- it looks like a good place for Grandpa to rest.

carrie said...

Wow, that must've been an incredible ceremony. Thanks for putting the pictures up, Tiffany. That is a beautiful place.