CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Camping!

This weekend we went camping with some friends to a place called Valley of Fire. Much more pleasant than it sounds, it's named that because everything is red- the sand, the sandstone cliffs, etc. It's a lot like Moab and Arches Natl. Park in Utah. The girls had a ton of fun playing in the sand and climbing all the rocks. You can even see petroglyphs from the Indians who used to live there (from 300 BC to 1150 AD, to be exact). There's lots of little caves and nooks for the kids to climb in and play house. Caitlin was especially bold and adventurous, she was a regular boulderer by the time we left! Between us and the other two families, there were 7 little girls- no boys! It was sort of a Princess camp out! Unfortunately, our camera battery died after only a few pictures, but it was still a lot of fun!

This picture I took after church last week. I love Elizabeth's smile! I made Caitlin's skirt she's wearing and so I had to photograph it, I thought it turned out really cute (she thinks she's showing off her bubbles she got at a birthday party). Soon I'm going to make Elizabeth a dress out of the same fabric, so they can match. I'm finding this irrepresible urge to dress them in matching clothes! I hear this is normal with moms of two cute girls...

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That skirt is so cute!!! Good job, Carrie!

Leticia said...

Sounds like a really fun trip. And the skirt is adorable -- I'll have to hire you to make matching clothes for my little girls! :-)

Mom said...

What a fun trip - and darling girls - we miss being near you. MOM