CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sushi and Black Widows


Rod and I love sushi. There is a restaurant here, Osaka's, that has incredibly good sushi. The best. But it's also expensive! So, when we need that sushi hit (and we find that sometimes a little sushi just hits the spot), I make some. It's really easy and a lot of fun. So tonight after our date night, we picked up the girls from our friends, put them to bed, and put some sushi together.
Just some random info on our life in Vegas: this past summer, sometimes Rod and I would go in the backyard after dark to go "black widow hunting" as I call it. See, we spray for bugs like everyone does here, and it's been effective for the past few years, but this summer we noticed we'd spray and it wasn't making much of a difference in all the widow webs in the backyard. So the best way (and most environmentally friendly way) is to go out after dark with a flashlight, see them in their webs, and smash them with a shoe. In one night I did four. I felt like a conquering hero!

2 comments:

Leticia said...

Good spider-hunting, Carrie!!

Cosette said...

Sooo you guys like sushi now!?!?! I'm so happy for you! I know, it's not a liking, it's an obsession! As for the spiders... I can totally see you two goof balls running around in the dark with shoes trying to smash spiders. That is so funny!